Blackberry Tiramisu Trifle
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 10 tablespoons orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
- 3 Cups mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 28 soft ladyfingers or 2 (12-ounce) pound cakes, cut into 3 by 1 by 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 (½ dry pint) baskets fresh raspberries or blackberries
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 heaping tbsps. espresso power
- Dark chocolate shavings, for serving
Stir the jam and 5 tablespoons of the orange liqueur in a small bowl to blend, set aside. Combine espresso powder and hot water, set aside.
Combine the mascarpone and remaining 5 tablespoons of orange liqueur in a large bowl to blend.
Using an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the cream, sugar, and vanilla in another large bowl until soft peaks form. Using a large rubber spatula, stir ¼ of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture to lighten. Fold the remaining whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
Line the bottom of trifle bowl with ladyfingers. Spoon espresso onto the ladyfingers to moisten. Spread thin layer jam mixture over the ladyfingers. Sprinkle ¼ of berries over the jam mixture. Spread ¼ of the mascarpone mixture over the berries. Repeat layering with the remaining ladyfingers, espresso, jam mixture, berries, and mascarpone mixture for a total of four layers. (If you chose to use a rectangle glass pan, make two layers instead of four, using half of each ingredient per layer.) Shave dark chocolate over final layer of whipped cream mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.